MEDIN are delivering data through a network of accredited Data Archive Centres (DACs). The network is there to provide secure long-term storage of and access to marine data. Marine data encompasses a wide range of data types and usages and MEDIN is committed to providing as comprehensive a coverage as possible. New DACs in Marine Fisheries and Marine Historic Environment have recently been added.
The DACs listed below have all been through the accreditation process and their data holdings are provided through the MEDIN portal.
To submit, access or query data please contact the relevant DACs or MEDIN Enquiries.
for seabed and sub-seabed geology, geophysics data
for flora, fauna and habitat data
for water column oceanographic data
for bathymetry data
for marine meteorological (metocean) data
for marine historic environment data
for marine fisheries data
If you are unsure which data archive centre to submit data to please contact MEDIN Enquiries .
DAC data archiving projects
MEDIN has funded a number of small data archiving projects carried out by MEDIN DACs.
- Cefas Solent Bass Survey 1983-2014 Quality Assurance (1.4 MB)
- Digitising of dive tapes held at RCAHMS (13 KB)
- Enhancing the metadata shared with the MEDIN portal (9 KB)
- Heritage vocabularies (19 KB)
related DAC documents
- MEDIN Annual Report 2013
- MEDIN DAC Annual Report 2014 (166 KB)
- MEDIN DAC Annual Report 2013 (257 KB)
- Summary of the MEDIN DAC accreditation requirements (185 KB)
- MEDIN recommends a standard data collection clause to be used in contracts (26.8 KB)
- MEDIN data flow case studies (39 KB)