MEDIN are delivering data through a network of accredited Data Archive Centres (DACs). The network is there to provide secure long-term storage of and access to marine data. Marine data encompasses a wide range of data types and usages and MEDIN is committed to providing as comprehensive a coverage as possible. New DACs in Marine Fisheries and Marine Historic Environment have recently been added.
The DACs listed below have all been through the MEDIN accreditation process and their data holdings are provided through the MEDIN portal.
Guidance for the depositor
Depositing bathymetry data
If you have bathymetry data to deposit, please send it directly to UK Hydrographic Office. There are no charges associated with depositing bathymetry data with the UKHO.
Data for only one DAC
If you only have data for one DAC, please complete the MEDIN Data Deposit Form and return it to the relevant MEDIN DAC.
Data for more than one DAC
If you have data for more than one DAC, then please complete the MEDIN Data Deposit Form and return it to the MEDIN Helpdesk. The Helpdesk will advise which DACs are appropriate for your data and assist in the process.
The DACs will follow up with you to acquire any extra information about the data sets and to advise on the costs for taking the data.
DAC data archiving projects
MEDIN has funded a number of small data archiving projects carried out by MEDIN DACs.
- Sea angling data rescure (431 KB)
- Delivering legacy bathymetry data (17 KB)
- Digitising historical ship logs (291 KB)
- Fishing effort data rescue (952 KB)
- Sharing geological data between DACs (20 KB)
- Cefas Solent Bass Survey 1983-2014 Quality Assurance (1.4 MB)
- Digitising of dive tapes held at RCAHMS (13 KB)
- Enhancing the metadata shared with the MEDIN portal (9 KB)
- Heritage vocabularies (19 KB)
related DAC documents
- MEDIN Annual Report 2013
- MEDIN DAC Annual Report 2014 (166 KB)
- MEDIN DAC Annual Report 2013 (257 KB)
- Summary of the MEDIN DAC accreditation requirements (185 KB)
- MEDIN recommends a standard data collection clause to be used in contracts (26.8 KB)
- MEDIN data flow case studies (39 KB)