MEDIN is a partnership of UK organisations committed to improving access to UK marine data.
MEDIN is open to all with an interest in marine data and information. We are currently sponsored by 14 organisations and partnered with over 50 organisations who practise good data management to help future-proof and secure data.
The MEDIN portal contains information about 14,000 marine datasets.
UKDMOS is the United Kingdom Directory of Marine Observing Systems.
MEDIN are delivering data through a network of accredited Data Archive Centres (DACs). Find out how to submit data to the network.
Standards make it easy to find and re-use data. Find out about MEDIN's discovery metadata standard and data guidelines.
MEDIN are sharing knowledge and understanding by providing links to other marine data initiatives and resources.
OceanWise Marine Data Management Awareness Course
OceanWise will be running a Marine Data Management Awareness Course in conjunction with IMarEST on Tuesday the 16th of October 2018.
This one-day Marine Data Management Awareness Course is organised in co-operation with and hosted by IMarEST at 1 Birdcage Walk, London, SW1H 9JJ from 0930-1630.
On this course you will learn:
- What Marine Data Management is, why data is such an important resource and why it matters to your organisation.
- The basics of Data Life-Cycles, Data and Metadata Standards, Co-ordinate Reference Systems, Data Quality, Sharing and Publishing.
You will also take part in a discussion on the challenges organisations face in achieving Data Management 'Best Practise'.
If you are involved in data collection, ingestion, analysis, sharing and re-use then this course will provide you with an extremely valuable insight on the world of data because 'your data really does matter'.
Discounts are available for IMarEST members.
OceanWise Ltd is an independent company specialising in all aspects of marine environmental data acquisition, data and knowledge management and GIS providing customers with comprehensive and cost effective end-to-end marine and coastal data management and decision support including:
- Intelligent Marine Mapping (Raster Charts, Raster Charts XL, Marine Themes and Marine Themes DEM)
- Marine Data Management Policy and Strategy Advice and Training
- Enterprise GIS and Productivity Tools (Maritime Toolbar and Workflow Extensions)
- Environmental Data Sharing and Publishing (Ocean Database and Port-Log.net)